[imp] Sent-mail not stored, Can't add folder => Alpha version

Matts testacc at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 8 10:30:11 UTC 2007

I'm facing a problem with the Alpha version for some time now. When I send
an email, the email is not stored in the Sent-mail folder.

I can drag messages to the Sent-mail folder, so that is no problem at all.

Adding a subfolder to the INBOX is also not possible.

I can see all folders that I made earlier, so that's working ok too.

Some info from the test.php for IMP:

IMP Version

    * IMP: H3 (4.2-ALPHA)

Other Horde Applications

    * dimp: Yes (Version: H3 (1.0-cvs))
    * gollem: No
      Gollem provides access to local VFS filesystems to attach files.
    * ingo: No
      Ingo provides basic mail filtering capabilities to IMP.
    * mimp: No
      MIMP provides an alternate display view suitable for mobile browsers
or very slow connections.
    * nag: No
      Nag allows tasks to be directly created from e-mail data.
    * turba: Yes (Version: H3 (2.2-ALPHA))

PHP Version

    * PHP Version: 4.4.7
    * PHP Major Version: 4.4
    * PHP Minor Version: 7
    * PHP Version Classification: release
    * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

    * Internationalized Domain Names Support: No
      IMP requires the idn module (installed via PECL) in order to handle
Internationalized Domain Names.
    * IMAP Support: Yes
    * OpenSSL Support: Yes
    * Tidy support: No
      If the tidy PHP extension is available, IMP can use it to sanitize
the output of HTML messages before displaying to the user, and to
clean outgoing HTML messages created in the HTML composition mode.
See imp/docs/INSTALL for more information.

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

    * file_uploads enabled: Yes

Required IMP Configuration Files

    * config/conf.php: Yes
    * config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
    * config/prefs.php: Yes
    * config/servers.php: Yes

PEAR

    * PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/path/to/webmail/homedir/lib:.:/path/to/php/ext/
    * PEAR: Yes
    * Recent PEAR: Yes
    * Auth_SASL: Yes
    * HTTP_Request: Yes

PHP Mail Server Support Test
Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters
for your server:

    * Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

          SUCCESS - INBOX has 3243 messages (1056 new 0 recent)

    * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

          Can't open mailbox {ip.ip.ip.ip:993/imap/ssl}INBOX: invalid remote
          specification

    * Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

          Can't open
mailbox{ip.ip.ip.ip:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}INBOX: invalid
          remote specification

    * Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

          Can't open
mailbox{ip.ip.ip.ip:143/imap/tls/novalidate-cert}INBOX: invalid
          remote specification

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your
imp/config/servers.php file:

    Configuration 1

        'server' => 'ip.ip.ip.ip'
        'protocol' => 'imap/notls'
        'port' => '143'

The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote server:

    Namespace Information

        NAMESPACE: "INBOX."
        DELIMITER: .
        TYPE: personal

        NAMESPACE: "#shared."
        DELIMITER: .
        TYPE: shared

        NAMESPACE: "shared."
        DELIMITER: .
        TYPE: shared

    IMAP server capabilities:

        Array
        (
            [UIDPLUS] => 1
            [CHILDREN] => 1
            [NAMESPACE] => 1
            [THREAD] => Array
                (
                    [0] => ORDEREDSUBJECT
                    [1] => REFERENCES
                )

            [SORT] => 1
            [QUOTA] => 1
            [IDLE] => 1
            [STARTTLS] => 1
        )

    IMAP CHILDREN support:

        SUPPORTED

    IMAP Charset Search Support:

        Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.

So, my servers.php is like the following:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'imap.example.com',
    'hordeauth' => full,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'maildomain' => 'example.com',
    'smtphost' => 'smtp.example.com',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
);

I can't figure out what is going wrong, there is something wrong because
it's working with a lot of people.