[imp] imp crashes apache at logon

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras at infosaitas.lt
Wed Oct 17 09:12:43 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

I have a question about horde and apache crash with core dump.

I had my horde with imp on simple apache, but now moved to chrooted
enviroment. Chroot is done with mod_chroot. After that, horde, actually imp
is crashing then I try to login.
Linux Firefox gives me window to save redirect.php file,
Windows Firefox gives me blank page.
Konqueror says:
An error occurred while loading http://host/horde/imp/redirect.php:
Connection to host is broken.

Apache on the server saves core dump and restarts.

I\m not a PHP programmer, but browsing through php codes I found out, that
crash happens in horde/imp/lib/Search.php file. There is function called
 _getVFolderList. Here is the begining of it.
    function _getVFolderList()
    {
        $vfolder = $GLOBALS['prefs']->getValue('vfolder');
        if (empty($vfolder)) {
            return array();
        }
Crash happens on line return array(). My horde is made to authenticate over
imp, imp authenticates over imap server (cyrus from Kolab, but I'm not using
kolab functions with horde yet).
I installed horde-* from mandriva rpms.
horde-imp-4.1.3-2mdv2007.0
horde-turba-2.1.3-1mdv2007.1
horde-vacation-3.0-2mdv2007.0
horde-3.1.3-2mdv2007.1
horde-chora-2.0.1-3mdv2007.0
horde-nag-2.1.2-1mdv2007.1
horde-passwd-3.0-4mdv2007.1
horde-mnemo-2.1.1-2mdv2007.1
horde-ingo-1.1.1-3mdv2007.0

The strange thing is that sometimes (i don't know how and why) I manage to
login, but i get bunch of NOTICE and WORNINGS. Since I'm an admin of horde, I
can get to admin interface and it is working ok.
If I change authentication to user+pass or something else but imp, i can get
to login, but trying to view emails gives me imp authentication window and
after entering user+pass to imp it crashes the same way.

So I decided that there is something wrong with IMP. Anybody has any clues?

Thanks for any input
Liutauras