[imp] SOLVED imp crashes apache at logon

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras at infosaitas.lt
Thu Oct 18 09:34:19 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 19:20:26 Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Liutauras Adomaitis <liutauras at infosaitas.lt>:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have a question about horde and apache crash with core dump.
> >
> > I had my horde with imp on simple apache, but now moved to chrooted
> > enviroment. Chroot is done with mod_chroot. After that, horde, actually
> > imp is crashing then I try to login.
> >
> > So I decided that there is something wrong with IMP. Anybody has any
> > clues?
>
> PHP code can *never* crash a web server. There is nothing wrong with IMP.
>
> Jan.

SOLVED
I was wrong about return array(), actually more deep debugging lead me to the
imap_lsub php function. Googling about this gave me link
http://www.gablog.eu/online/node/17, which in detail describes my situation
and gives solution - place apache user information to /etc/passwd file in
chroot. This worked.

Liutauras