[imp] SSL very slow in IE but not Firefox

Cerephax Admin admin at cerephax.com
Sat Oct 20 17:03:08 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am new to Horde & Imp, but have strong working knowledge of Apache and
SSL. My question is:

When attempting to access IMP (or Horde in general) through Internet
Explorer (IE) via an SSL (HTTPS) connection, every page takes 10-15
seconds to load. When that connection is switched to non-HTTPS, it loads
instantly. However, on Firefox, whether or not one uses HTTP or HTTPS,
the connection is fast every time. Some basic experimentation has led me
to believe it is somehow related to javascript. Reasoning: When
accessing non-javascript pages via SSL (HTTPS) in IE, the page loads
fine. The second javascript is added to the code, the page takes 10-15
seconds to load.

So, is this a known issue with some code in Horde/IMP? Is there
something I should change in order to allow for an HTTPS connection to
be smooth and as fast as a HTTP connection in IE?

SERVER:
Fedora Core 6
Apache2
PHP5