[imp] Sending mail really slow

Jussi Paju Jussi.Paju at iki.fi
Tue Oct 23 14:05:44 UTC 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> Paul van der Vlis schreef:
>
>> A customer of me is still working with IMP 3.2.6 what comes with Debian
>> Sarge.
>>
>> I moved the machine to another network and now sending mail has become
>> very slow (takes about 28-30 seconds after pressing the "send" button).
>
> I removed the function gethostbyaddr() in the code and the problem is
> gone...

Machine has wrong nameserver settings and therefore attemps to do
nslookups timeout and cause the delay. Fix the servers network settings
and the problem should go away.

--
Jussi Paju
  - luoja, creator -

:: Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
:: I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear.