[imp] Attachments shown two times

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Wed Oct 24 08:48:46 UTC 2007

On 24.10.07 10:16, Fabio Pedretti wrote:
> in IMP I see some attachments two times (with different MIME types),
> as can be seen in the followig screenshot:
> http://bugs.horde.org/view.php?actionID=view_file&type=png&file=imp-attachment.png&ticket=5780
>
> How can I fix or disable this behavior?

I guess that the attachment was sent with application/octet-stream content
type (seems that sending attacvhments with invalid content-type is very
common in some clients and configurations) and while IMP allows you to
display/store as sent in e-mail, it also tries to guess correct
content-type (.pdf -> application/pdf) so you can see it correctly.

If this is true, then the problem is by mail sender (which doesn't provide
correct contrnt-type) and you can check it by viewing raw e-mail message, or
view message using other MUA (e.g. mutt)
He who laughs last thinks slowest.