[imp] Customisations to aliases

Gareth McCumskey gmccumskey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 13:00:41 UTC 2007

Greetings. I hope I am using the correct list and if not please forgive me
and perhaps someone can point me to the right one.

At the moment I am having some issues customising the alias system in Imp.
The scenario is such. We provide Horde and Imp in a customised way to an
outside company. They now want access to some aspects of the data in order
for them to be able to provide support to their customers using the service
and it was decided to provide this to them via a SOAP/XML web service. The
problem I am experiencing is that they want to be able to edit the aliases
that their subscribers use and this aspect was developed in the past to
allow the subscribers themselves to do it via the web interface. Essentially
the outside company wants to be able to send a SOAP request to our servers
to edit or delete a subscribers alias. My difficulty is that I am struggling
to understand the Identities part of the API. What I really need is
direction in how to use the API to make changes to the horde_prefs table
where the identity types are stored, i.e. removing and editing the
serialised array using the Horde classes.

Again, apologies if this is in the wrong list but I did look hard for the
right one and this seems to be the closest I could get. Thanks in advance
for any help.