[imp] Avoid/Prohibit folder deletion? (Cyrus).

Lauro Costa G. Borges lauro at npd.ufsc.br
Thu Nov 29 11:21:21 UTC 2007

  Hi,

  I searched the ml and found 1 message regarding this subject, with
no answers.
  I'm using imp 4.1.4 with Cyrus IMAP. The default folders to spam,
sent, trash and drafts were set at imp/config/prefs.php and locked. I
also disabled the option where users can subscribe to imap folders.
When some user logs in (using Horde), he/she can see the folders, and
those folders have tiny icons indicating that that folder is for sent
messages, deleted messages and so on. I need to let users create their
own folders, so the option to use folders (Horde Admin page) is
enabled (of course, since they see folders). I didn't want to let
users rename or delete these default folders, when they do that, and
do any operation that would use any of the renamed/deteled folders,
such as send/delete a message, a folder with that name gets created,
the icon indicating that the folder is for sent/trash/etc is shown,
and most importantly, the quota for that folder shows correctly (as
configured per folder on Cyrus). These changes can be seen when using
different clients, Horde, Squirrelmail, SeaMonkey (using one at a
time, not at the same time)..
  The problem is with the Spam folder. The folder for spam is set to
INBOX.Spam, it's locked, and the default action when the user reports
a message as being spam is to warn about it (send an email to the
configured address) and move the message to the spam folder, but this
is not happening, it sends the warning email, but shows an error
message on the screen, saying the Spam folder does not exist.
  I would like to be able to:
   - have the Spam folder created like the others
   or
   - forbid users to delete/rename default folders, while having the
possibility to create their own folders

   Am I missing something? Can this be achieved tweaking the config or
do I have to edit the code?

  thanks,

  Lauro