[imp] bug in MIME handling

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Nov 30 20:58:24 UTC 2007

I think I've found a bug in IMP v4.1.5 MIME handling.  I have a message
with the following (odd!) MIME structure (as reported by Pine):

    1.2.1 Shown    ~17 lines  Text
    1.2.2   OK     939 KB     Application
    1.2.3 Shown      0 lines  Text
    2              2.5 KB     Application

In IMP, it shows up as:

Headers:   	 Show All Headers
Multipart/alternative
Alternative parts for this section:  Help
   	unnamed  	[text/plain]  	0.24 KB  	Download
   	unnamed  	[text/html]  	1.14 KB  	Download
   	J Biol Chem 1983 Venter-1.pdf  	[application/pdf]  	917 KB  	Download
HTML 	Click HERE to view HTML content in a separate window.

Clicking on any of the links shows a completely blank HTML window, and
there is no text at all show inline.

I would be happy to bounce this message to someone if they would like to
try it out themselves.  I tried searching the bug list for IMP but I
couldn't find anything that matched this situation.  Unfortunately, I
don't have an installation of the new RC1 release available to test it
either.

Thanks,
 	Andy