[imp] horde templates / imp login screen

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Tue Dec 4 18:42:55 UTC 2007

Is it possible to embed PHP in the new horde template system?

Here's my problem... we're using a our own auth handler, which
automatically sets the Horde user name to the value of $_SERVER[
'REMOTE_USER'].  We run a local instance of up-imapproxy, and Cyrus
proxyd configured such that proxyd doesn't require user passwords.

This works great most times, but occasionally, the the user may get
presented an IMP login screen, and if they type in a user name other
than their own, they get that access to that user's email (bad).

So, in horde 3.0.x / IMP 4.0.x, we'd added this  check to
imp/templates/login/login.inc

<?php if( $conf['auth']['driver'] == 'cosign' ): ?>
<input type="hidden" name="imapuser" value="<?php
echo($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'])?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="password" value="<?php
echo($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'])?>" />
<?php else: ?>

such that if the login screen ever was displayed, users could only click
ok.  I was trying to impliment something similar in the the IMP 4.2
imp/templates/login/login.html, but it doesn't seem to be working..
which makes me think that the horde template engine doesn't allow
embedded php?

Any suggestions for how to accomplish this?

Liam