[imp] Documentation

Damien Hull dhull at digitaloverload.net
Mon Dec 31 04:54:53 UTC 2007

Norberto Bensa wrote:
> Quoting Damien Hull <dhull at digitaloverload.net>:
>

>> reinstalling everything. Why? The Debian instructions don't say anything
>> about an admin account. I don't have access to the admin settings.
>>

> Everything you need is documented in /etc/horde/... config files or in
> the horde ui itself. The default admin user is (IIRC) administrator
> (or Administrator)
>
> The setting you're looking for is:
>
> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('your-user-name');
>
> Inside /etc/horde/horde3/conf.php
>
> HTH,
> Norberto

That's not in the Debian how-to. I double checked the wiki and did a
search for administrator account. Berried in the middle some where is a
line describing the very instructions you talk about. I just don't like
it when a how-to skips over things.

I've installed other php applications. Most of them have a nice setup
tool. You point your browser at the setup tool and it walks you through
the install process. Is there a reason horde doesn't have this?