[imp] "Edit Message as New" / "Edit As New" / "Message Highlighting"

message at o2online.de message at o2online.de
Mon Jan 14 20:29:37 UTC 2008

Hello,

(This is Horde 3.1.5. / This is Imp H3 (4.1.5).)

I'm currentliy switching from SquirrelMail to Horde (IMP), since my new hoster uses Plesk, where Horde (IMP) is the default webmail solution. And I'm wondering if it is possible, that IMP might support/add the following features in the near future which SquirrelMail already have:

- "Edit Message as New" / "Edit As New" (As in the "Sent" Folder at SquirrelMail or even global using Mozilla Thunderbird). For me this is a nice feature to have, it's not exaclty like the "redirect", it'ts just a good way to edit a new message by using the already sent message for another recipient. This "feature" is quite helpful, saves time (you don't have to click "forward" and then have to edit more lines)

(Or did I miss this option?)

- "Message Highlighting"
Based upon given criteria, incoming messages can have different background colors in the message list. This helps to easily distinguish who the messages are from, especially for mailing lists.

This might be a problem since IMP has some kind of "Message Highlighting" to distinguish Unseen, Answered, Important and Deleted messages?

(Or did I miss this option?)

You might say, I should use the Filters but it is really a difference, if you filter mails directly in different folders or just distinguish them by the highlighting color.

Best regards,