[imp] Importing GPG-Public Key not (always) working

Peter Meier peter.meier at immerda.ch
Tue Jan 15 21:44:43 UTC 2008

Hi

> There is no keyring in Horde. Personal keys are stored in the user's
> preferences, public keys in the user's address book. Adding public
> keys is the same like adding contacts from a e-mail message header.

ok now I see how it works. The Keyring under options is just a list of
all contacts which have a PGP Key added. Now it makes as well sense that
I didn't find any storage for that. And it makes also sense in a design
point of view, that there is no redundant data.

So did I get it right that importing a public key under options would
simply create an addressbook entry with the given pgp key?

> Does this work?

It took me a while to play around with all possible combinations and
then suddenly i thought this might be because we were having two
addressbookes and it doesn't know to which one it should add the
key-entry. However disabling one didn't change anything. (both sql backends)

So it still doesn't really work.

What I have attached is Key #1 (key1.asc) which  is working, and which I
can import and it gets added to the adressbook (with no addressbook
entry for this address before) and I get a positive message that it have
been successfully added to the addressbook. And I can remove this entry
from the addressbook and readd the key with no problem.

And I have key #2 (key2.asc), which I can't add and I get no error
message nor any log entry. Even the same behaviour if I add the address
to the address book and leave the PGP-Key-Field empty I can't import it.
However I can add the address to the addressbook and paste the key into
the field and then it will also appear in the keyring in the options.

Unfortunately the majority of the keys from my local keyring I can't
import. Key #1 was so far the only one I could import by choosing keys
by random from my local keyring.

So currently we are advising the users to add the address to the
addressbook and adding the key there.

Can somebody reproduce this behaviour? Should I file a bug report or how
could I examine this problem further?

thanks a lot and greets pete.