[imp] accessing horde prefs from within imp javascript?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 25 20:21:14 UTC 2008

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at deathstar.org>:

> There's a pref I made for IMP 4.0.x that allows the user to turn of the
> confirmation message they receive when they report a message as spam or
> as innocent, that I'd like to move forward to 4.2.x.
>
> In 4.0.x, I simply did embedded some php login in
> templates/mailbox/javascript.inc.  I see in version 4.2, the javascript
> is in imp/js/src/mailbox.js (and message.js), and then a condenced (no
> line feeds, no extra white space, and no comments) version in located in
> imp/js.
>
> Can I do something like $prefs->getValue() from with the javascript?

The js files aren't run through the PHP interpreter now (so they can
be cached, and served from static content servers). The way to get PHP
values do them is using imp/templates/javascript_defs.php. You can add
values to the ImpVar array, and then access them as ImpVar.keyName in
the js files.

> Is there an easy mechanism for generating the condensed javascript file?

In the devtools framework package you'll find horde-js-compress.php,
and the supporting files.

-chuck