[imp] Login tasks: delete number of sent-mail folders

Jochen Roderburg Roderburg at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 29 14:52:26 UTC 2008

Zitat von Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu>:

> >>  	I have a user who has set as one of her "Login Tasks" in IMP 4.1 to
> >>  	save  no more than 12 sent-mail folders. Unfortunately the client is
> >> keeping ALL  sent-mail folders in her home directory.
> >
> > There is an article on UW-IMAP in the Horde Wiki:
> > <http://wiki.horde.org/ImpUWIMAPNamespaces>.
> > Maybe, you’ll find an answer therein.
> >
> > Apparently, UW-IMAP keeps all mail folders in the user’s
> > home directory -- but then I must say that I know next to
> > nothing about that particular IMAP server.
>

> I don't know why Brett Charbeneau says "unfortunately".  What's wrong
> with having the folders in the home directory?
>
> Joseph Brennan
> Columbia University Information Technology

Hi folks,

You all seem to have misread the original question, I think the emphasis was not
the "home directory", the question was: why are the old sent-mail folders not
deleted?

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10             Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                   E-Mail: Roderburg at Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany