[imp] Message forwarding bug in Imp H3 (4.2-RC2)

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 30 00:11:33 UTC 2008

Quoting Fábio Almeida <fabiodealmeida at gmail.com>:

> Hi, I believe I've found a bug or at least weird behaviour in Imp H3 (
> 4.2-RC2).

I can not reproduce it (though my users agree with you that it is broken
until I explain it to them).

> When I open a message for reading, there is a little "Forward" menu, with 3

Correct.  The default is "entire message" which everyone finds confusing,
and I recommend changing it to body text only myself, despite the fact
that doing so leaves the attachments off.

> If I click "entire message", the new forwarded message comes up blank in the
> composition area.

As it should, but you should see the attachment at the bottom of the screen
if you scroll down.  But the body should indeed be empty.

> If I choose "body text only", it seems to work properly (only the body is
> forwarded into a new message).

Yes.

> If I choose "attachments only", I get the undesirable original message body
> and no attachments at all in the new message window (the body is forwarded
> instead of the attachments).

Never tried this actually, so can't say... :(

> It happened with all types of messages that I've tried. I don't think this
> is by design. Can anyone confirm a bug?

No, at least 2 of the three work for me. I've simply not tried the 3rd, but
I bet it works also.

I will confirm that it is confusing to many people.

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin

Go Longhorns!