[imp] Message forwarding bug in Imp H3 (4.2-RC2)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 30 22:48:30 UTC 2008

Zitat von Fábio Almeida <fabiodealmeida at gmail.com>:

> Well here's a little update... Turns out this new installation is not being
> able to use Horde's VFS for storing attachments, that's why the message came
> up empty in the first place.
>
> At Horde's conf.php I have
>
> $conf['vfs']['params']['vfsroot'] = '/tmp';
> $conf['vfs']['type'] = 'file';
>
> And apparently horde is dropping files there at /tmp successfully.
>
> But if at IMP's config I have
> $conf['compose']['use_vfs'] = true (Should we use the Horde VFS system for
> storing uploaded attachments?)
> then I get an error message stating that it "couldn't create VFS directory".

Sounds like a bug. If you are sure this isn't a configuration issue,
create a ticket on bugs.horde.org.

> If I change that parameter to false, the attachments work. What am I doing
> wrong here? And if it's not storing uploaded attachments in the VFS, where
> are they being stored? I hope it's not in RAM memory.

Nowhere, thus the error message and the attachment getting lost.

> Well now back to the forwarding issue... Having set use_vfs to false,
> attachments work again, if I click "entire message" it gets forwarded as an
> attachment a la rfc822 like Chuck said. "Body only" works properly. But
> "attachments only" is forwarding the attachments plus the original text in
> the body of the new message too. I believe that's what Eric thought would be
> useful, but I'm getting it already! Shouldn't this option forward *only* the
> attachments, without the original text, as the name said?

Since this seems to be the most intuitive (and original) behavior, I
suggest making this the default and calling it "With Attachments".

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/