[imp] Changing from commercial product, new features needed or can already do?

corky peavy corky at peavys.net
Sun Feb 10 10:24:35 UTC 2008

Hello,

I run a small ISP and am considering moving away from my commercial
mail server.  There
are a few things my customers are accustomed to that might make their
transition to imp
uncomfortable.  It may be that these can be changed with settings in
the existing
product, or perhaps I need to get involved in contributing a little
code.  If it is the
latter of course I need to get to know the community's expectations
for such submissions,
and in particular your receptivity to the type of functionality I need.

The main thing is that the commercial product just has a simpler
interface in a couple of
ways.

1) When they click on a message to view it, they see it fully
formatted in the frame, and
they don't have any choices to make or additional steps to take to see
that.  I'm afraid
they will be resistant to imp's default behavior.  Can imp already do
this by changing
some settings?

2) When they delete a message or move it, it disappears from the inbox
without the 2nd
step of hiding or purging.  Can that behavior be set using current code?

Thanks for any feedback.

Corky Peavy
www.pvco.net