[imp] full email address login

andrew colin andrew.colin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:57:13 UTC 2008

Hi all

Sorry guys the problem was not imp actually, the problem was cyrus
stripping of the domain part before passing the auth request to
saslauthd then onto pam_mysql. A complicated chain of events but i
have managed to fix it after lots of stracing.

Thanks all of you that gave me pointers

On 2/12/08, Anant Athavale <asa at isac.gov.in> wrote:
> Set the realm parameter to your domain name.  This will append your
> domain to user id.
>

> ----- Message from andrew.colin at gmail.com ---------
>      Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:02:47 +0200
>      From: andrew colin <andrew.colin at gmail.com>
>   Subject: Re: [imp] full email address login
>        To: Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>        Cc: imp at lists.horde.org

> >> Read imp/config/servers.php.dist and set hordeauth parameter to 'full'
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >> mike
> >>
> >> --
> >> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> >> mrubinsk at horde.org
> >>
> >> "Time just hates me. That's why it made me an adult." - Josh Joplin
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > Hi
> >
> > Thanks Michael, for your quick response, i have changed that option
> > but imp is still stripping the domain part away here is my server.php
> > entry.
> >
> > $servers['cyrus'] = array(
> >     'name' => 'localserver',
> >     'server' => 'localhost',
> >     'hordeauth' => 'full',
> >     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
> >     'port' => 143,
> >     'maildomain' => '',
> >     'smtphost' => 'localhost',
> >     'smtpport' => 25,
> >     'realm' => '',
> >     'preferred' => '',
> >     'admin' => array(
> >         'params' => array(
> >             'login' => 'cyrus',
> >             'password' => '',
> >             'userhierarchy' => 'user.',
> >             'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
> >             'hostspec' => 'localhost',
> >             'port' => 143
> >         )
> >     ),
> >     'quota' => array(
> >         'driver' => 'cyrus',
> >         'params' => array(),
> >     ),
> >     'acl' => array(
> >         'driver' => 'rfc2086',
> >     ),
> > );
> >
> > I even restarted httpd because i thought some kind of caching is
> > taking place but there is no change.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> > Andrew
> > --
> >

> ----- End message from andrew.colin at gmail.com -----
>

> Regards,
>
> Anant Athavale.

"Dru"
To follow the path, look to the master, follow the master, walk with
the master, see through the master, become the master. (zen)