[imp] About the translation effort (pt_BR)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Feb 12 11:09:20 UTC 2008

Zitat von Fábio Almeida <fabiodealmeida at gmail.com>:

> There are lots of new strings to be translated for the pt_br version of IMP,
> but I'm currently trying out 4.2 RC-2. Should I wait for the official
> 4.2stable (or rephrasing, will I be wasting my time if I translate
> this RC?).

No. You would be wasting your time if you did *not* translate now,
because your translation won't make it into the first stable release
of IMP 4.2 then.

> Also, how can I tell if someone else is still working on the translation or
> just abandoned it? The "new message" string for instance, seems not to be
> translated for years now.

It usually safe to take a look at when the translation has been
updated the last time. If it has been a few years, just go ahead. If
you are unsure, contact the last translator.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/