[imp] SQL database in different server

Bubuk Gabrok bubuk.gabrok at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 04:29:31 UTC 2008

Spot on Michael. Thank you.

--
Bubuk

--- Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Bubuk Gabrok <bubuk.gabrok at gmail.com>:
>
> > I setup Horde and am able to login.
> >
> > Then I clicked on DataTree tab,
> > I changed the backend to SQL database.
> > Changed the Driver Configuration to Custom
> parameters.
> > Under 'What database backend should we use?' , I
> selected MySQL
> > I fillup the 'Username to connect to the database
> as'
> > I fillup the 'Password to connect with' and
> > I fillup the 'Database name to use'
> >
> > (Note: there is no field that I can specify where
> (in wich server) my
> > database lives)
> >
> > When I clicked on the 'Generate Horde
> Configuration' button, I got
> > tons of error messages:
> > A fatal error has occurred
> > DB Error: connect failed
> >
> > [line 1637 of

/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/pobox/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php]
> > Details (also in Horde's logfile):
> >
> > I looked inside the logfile:
> > Feb 13 11:54:00 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB
> Error: connect failed:
> > [nativecode=mysql_connect() [<a

href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]:
> Access
> > denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)] **

mysql(mysql)://horde:PASSWORD at unix+svr24/horde?persistent=&charset=iso-8859-1&driverconfig=horde&group=horde.perms&table=horde_datatree&table_attributes=horde_datatree_attributes