[imp] Fwd: Re: IMP/Horde and Jabber

Luis Hernán Otegui luis.otegui at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 13:44:30 UTC 2008

2008/2/15, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

> ----- Forwarded message from mmelyp at gmail.com -----
>      Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:06:55 -0500
>      From: Manuel Mely <mmelyp at gmail.com>
>   Subject: Re: [imp] IMP/Horde and Jabber
>        To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>
>
> I think like this way:
>
> If Horde Development Team can support this on their platform, it will
> be a nice advantage since there is none webmail that have this
> implementation.
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

+1 to this. I believe it would be a nice way to eliminate some
innecessary mail conversations, without the need to open an IM
account. If I could find a custom hook to enable a, for example,
java-powered jabber client, and add the addresses to it straight from
IMP's contact list, it would be a damn hole-in-one. I've been studying
the possibility of creating a shared contact list within our
organisation, and a Horde included IM would just be the cherry on the
pie.

Thanks a lot, I'll look at the link you provided in your past mail.

Luis