[imp] DIMP + "delete" key

Liam Hoekenga liamr at deathstar.org
Fri Feb 22 17:31:29 UTC 2008

Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>:
>

>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> I would ask that this be reverted, because the previous behavior was
>>> by design.  Since the backspace is used as a navigation key in most
>>> browsers,
>>>
>> I've been caught jaw dropped because of this action.  Hit the backspace
>> key and you go back to the previous page.
>>

> I'm not going to raise a big fuss about this change.  Just wanted to
> identify why this wasn't implemented before (since it is such a
> trivial implement).

If there is concern that this changes the default "go back a page"
behavior of the backspace key, maybe we should use the browser detection
to figure out what platform the user is using, and only add

    case Event.KEY_BACKSPACE:

if they user is on a mac (where the "delete" key apparently sends backspace)

Liam