[imp] quota using a generic function

Michael Redinger Michael.Redinger at uibk.ac.at
Mon Feb 25 19:50:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

the drivers available for getting the user's quota did not work for
me: we do not have IMAP server quota support, the mail filesystems
(and the users) are not available on the local machine, there are no
quota log files etc.

I therefore wrote a quick implementation of the quota API that calls a
generic function where I could do whatever I want.
I added that function to hooks.php and configured the servers to use
the new driver ('function').

I use this function to connect to the server using ssh (requires the
PEAR ssh2 module) and get the quota.
Maybe this is interresting for other people, too. You can get it at:

http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c102mr/imp-quota-function.tar.gz

The archive contains one file imp/lib/Quota/function.php that needs to
be put in your IMP directory - no patches needed.
There are also two files - servers.php.quota and hooks.php.quota that
show how to use the driver.

Greetings,
Michael