[imp] DIMP + safari?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 26 13:22:18 UTC 2008

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

>>> So what do we do?  If someone tries to access DIMP in Safari, should
>>> they get bumped to IMP with a message saying that technical constraints
>>> prevented to Safari from working with the DIMP/
>>
>> Except that it doesn't, always - why does it work for me?
>>
>> -chuck
>
> No idea.  It worked for me once, last week.. but has worked for none of
> our testers that favor safari.  I also can't get it to work with Omniweb
> (also based on webkit).

I'd be interested to see if you still see this with DIMP head.
Message list processing has been completely rewritten as of RC2 and
sporadic issues I have seen in the past have gone away with the rewrite.

> Any idea how much DIMP puts on the stack?  Could some change we've made
> locally have pushed it over the 100 object limit?

See above - I'd check HEAD before starting to debug this.  (BTW,
according to the link in your previous post, Safari 3.0.4 should have
a stack limit of 500, not 100.  everyone here running Safari 3 is
seeing 500 when they run the test on that page).

michael