[imp] Can't authenticate against my IMAP Server

Philip MacIver philip at ivercore.com
Tue Mar 4 15:36:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have just today decided to install Horde Groupware Webmail Edition so
I can access my email that is hosted with slashmail.org using a nicer
webmail interface.

I have followed the instructions and looked through the faqs but can't
seem to find out why when I try to log in I get a "login failed". And I
am not sure if I have not looked hard enough, but I can't even find
logs to view what is going on when authentication is trying to be
gained from the slashmail server.

This is my servers.php under the imp directory. Everything else in the
installation went fine.

--8<--
$servers['_prompt'] = array(
    'name' => _("Choose a mail server:")
);

/* Example configurations: */

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Mail',
    'server' => 'slashmail.org',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl',
    'port' => 993,
    'maildomain' => 'ivercore.com',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'smtphost' => 'slashmail.org',
    'smtpport' => 25
);
--8<--

Any help or a point in the right direction is appreciated.