[imp] IMP 4.2-RC1 and IE7 javascript

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Wed Mar 5 21:15:09 UTC 2008

Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Decided to have a go on the upcoming release and most look good, noticed
> one problem with IE7:
>
> Open mail message and let mouse hover over one of the expanding menu
> itms, Reply/Forward/Headers. IE7 will show a page with "Page cannot be
> shown" with a few options. Hit "Search online for a program..." and it
> will take you to a "Windows File Assiciation" page that states
> "Protocol: Javascript".
>
> Possible an issue with the IE7 security settings but have not been able
> to fix it yet. Problem is repeatable on several computers with IE7.

Replying to myself here, sorry. In total lack of knowledge how to debug
this I installed "DebugBar" for IE. The lines for the troubled section
start with the below sample from the "Reply" item. No real errors are
reported from DebugBar as far as I can see.

This is a real showstopper for us considering the move to 4.2 as many
users are on IE7 unfortunately.

Before I report this as a bug it would be great if someone could confirm
the behaviour.

<snip>

<A class="widget hasmenu" accessKey=R
href="javascript:popup_imp('/imp/compose.php',700,650,'actionID%3Dreply%26index%3D332811%26identity%3D1%26thismailbox%3DINBOX');"
_counted="undefined"><SPAN class=accessKey>R</SPAN>eply</A>

<A class=widget
href="javascript:popup_imp('/imp/compose.php',700,650,'actionID%3Dreply%26index%3D332811%26identity%3D1%26thismailbox%3DINBOX');"
_counted="undefined">To Sender</A>

<snip>