[imp] DIMP cvs + Horde RC?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 11 16:15:45 UTC 2008

> As long as folks will test two more RCs and not just one, I see no
> reason not to release more RCs (at least for Horde/IMP/DIMP) now. If

As long as there is a realistic amount of time between RC releases,
most people will test them all.

People won't test them all if you release them too fast, as it is too
much pain to upgrade them frequently in a short period of time.

In other words, if you release RC versions once a month, most people
who inclined to test things will test them all.  If you release RC
versions too often (once a week, etc) then people will skip over some
of them and not test them all.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics