[imp] attachments becoming unusable

Philip Steeman philip.steeman at khbo.be
Fri Mar 14 12:33:16 UTC 2008

Hello,
I did some more testing. I can't get it right. Are you sure that it
works with a .RDP file on your site?
1) sent rdp via imp
2) save with Outlook or Thunderbird

Testing:
- imp via Firefox with new user account --> text/plain corrupt
- imp via IE7 with new user account --> text/plain corrupt
- Final test!! imp via Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD with konqueror 3.5.5 -->
text/plain corrupt

Some more testing:
in Linux:
file -i Gpuntis.RDP
> Gpuntis.RDP: text/plain; charset=utf-16
UTF-16!!!!

in Linux:
od -a from original file:
> 0000000 del   ~   s nul   c nul   r nul   e nul   e nul   n nul  sp nul
> 0000020   m nul   o nul   d nul   e nul  sp nul   i nul   d nul   : nul
> 0000040   i nul   : nul   2 nul  cr nul  nl nul   d nul   e nul   s nul

od -a from corrupted file:
> 0000000 del   ~   s nul   c nul   r nul   e nul   e nul   n nul  sp nul
> 0000020   m nul   o nul   d nul   e nul  sp nul   i nul   d nul   : nul
> 0000040   i nul   : nul   2 nul  cr nul  cr  nl nul   d nul   e nul   s

extra CR!!!

Someone have some more ideas?

Philip