[imp] Enabling hordauth in servers.php causes apache to segv

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Mar 15 00:53:59 UTC 2008

MailingListe wrote:
> Nothing Horde/IMP can do about. Apache/PHP should never crash because
> of a script. But maybe your settings for PHP are to restrictive
> (memory-limit?) so Apache ends the sidebar.php ungraceful.

Oh I know it's not specifically Horde/IMPs fault, just wondering if
anyone knew the trigger/had similar probs in the past.

I've seen Apache/PHP crash before on x86_64 when using session_id() in a
specific bit of my code and I've still not managed to get a good test
case (e.g. not part of my overall web-app and a cut down "show the bug"
scenario). The backtraces I do get out of that crash are never too
useful. Fingers crossed I can get some good ones here.

This is the first time I've seen it on a i586 box. I'll try and
investigate but I appreicate it's either an apache or PHP problem :)

Col

PS I don't think it's memory.... that's usually handled pretty
gracefully in my experience, but you never know....