[imp] opcode caches

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 25 15:23:09 UTC 2008

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> Has anyone compared the various PHP opcode caches with an eye towards
> Horde / IMP?  We're currently running eAccelerator, but I've also
> built xcache and APC.  What are people running out there?

I used to run APC, now I run IonCube phpa.  My choice was based more
on support/updates than on speed/performance.  I found phpa gave my less
problems with OS upgrades and patches and stuff. Of course, phpa is now
kind of "no longer developed", but it is still running fine on my old
RHEL 3.x systems.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics