[imp] problem with attachments in unicode (UTF16)

Philip Steeman philip.steeman at khbo.be
Thu Mar 27 12:49:07 UTC 2008

I did some more small tests (perhaps not very usefull)

- webmail used from my Belgian provider: unicode is encoded in base64
(so OK!). Really don't know what software it is.
- tried it with squirrelmail. Got a php-error with unicode attachments
(not with normal textfiles). I'm not a squirrelmail wizzard, I installed
it from debian-packages in a hurry.
- when you test it with a standard Linux-command
   file -i unicode.txt
   it says:
> linux% file -i unicode.txt
> unicode.txt: text/plain; charset=utf-16

So the file-utility gets it right (as does the webmail of my provider).

Philip