[imp] problem with attachments in unicode (UTF16)

Philip Steeman philip.steeman at khbo.be
Fri Mar 28 08:54:48 UTC 2008

>> When you want to mail a .rdp file (remote desktop program), it becomes
>> corrupt.
>> Other problem files: .sav (from SPSS program). I think there must be
>> more examples.
>
> NO.  This is an entirely different issue dealing with a broken
> browser.  This has nothing to do with charsets.

You mean all the browser I tested (IE6 IE7 Firefox konqueror) are
broken? I don't see a difference between a unicode textfile (utf-16) and
a configuration-file '.rdp' or a output-file '.sav' all in unicode.
To test you can download a .rdp file from
http://users.khbo.be/steeman/unicode.html

Thank you for all your effort.

Philip