[imp] Performance problems when sorting mails

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:42:17 UTC 2008

Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> Nope. In fact, I believe that's the reason for the
> $conf[server][sort_limit] setting in
> imp/config/conf.php
>
> Thanks,
> mike

Thanks!  Wow this has been bothering me for quite some time.  I couldn't
figure why my inbox was sooooooooooo slow.  I use Courier also on a
pretty fast server with not very many users and lots of ram.  Perhaps
$conf[server][sort_limit] should have a default value of 50 instead of 0
or there should be a big warning when you switch the sort order about
the severe performance hit if you have many messages in the folder?
Thunderbird could access Courier very fast so I couldn't figure out
what/where the problem lay.

Thanks,

gimili