[imp] fckedit w/ spellcheck on send on firefox 2.0.0.x in IMP 4.2 RC3 and RC4

liamr at umich.edu liamr at umich.edu
Mon May 12 20:58:37 UTC 2008

We pushed RC3 out to our production servers on Thursday.  It's very
exciting.  I can share our user feedback if anyone is interested.

Anyhoo... we noticed an issue with HTML message composition when using
fckedit and  having "spellcheck on send" turned on when using Firefox
2.0.0.x on Windows and OSX.

With 4.2 RC3...
- you hit send
- the spell checker is invoked
- do what you will, then hit "Send Message"
- the message is sent, but all of the text is gone

With 4.2 RC4...
- you hit send
- the spell checker is invoked
- do what you will, then hit "Send Message"
- the message is sent, but all of text is in it's pre-spell check form

Our work around for the time being is to make the default HTML editor
Xinha and to lock the preference.

Liam