[imp] Email client for many servers?

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Mon May 12 22:49:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 00:14, Burton wrote:
> I'm hosting a few websites and want to be able to
> provide web based email access for each.  I want to
> avoid having users install an email client on their
> own servers.

no problem, but is its the same imap server for all domains ?

maybe just with the hosted domain name as imap.userdomain.tld ?

that will fail if ssl is used

so make ssl key for your server and let users have one webmail with horde

> So for example, I have site1.com and site2.com running
> on the same server.  I'd like jim at site1.com and
> bob at site2.com to be able to read and reply to email
> from one installation.

unlrelated but site2.com is listed on http://lookup.uribl.com/

but how is it done with site1.com and site2.com ?, seperate mailbox pr domain ?

> The email access for site1/site2.com could come from
> site.com.

yes one single imap server

> Can imp/Horde do this?  Would it be tricky to pull
> off?  I looked at Squirrelmail, but you only get to
> specify one server.

horde will make coffie if one program it to it :-)

on bluehost.com i have even horde/imp with the possiblity to use user defined
imap servers, so i know it can be done, just still not how :-)

Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098