[imp] IMP & Spamassassin (spamassassin uses ~www-data/.spamassassin)

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 13:16:14 UTC 2008

Mark Bishop wrote:
> When I "Report as Spam" in IMP, how can I get IMP to tell spamassassin
> to use the correct user instead of always using the apache daemon
> owner (www-data)?
>
> I don't want to have a global site bayesian filter.  I want a per user one.
Perhaps the following would help:  I installed "sam" from the
http://www.horde.org/download/ nightly snapshots.  Then I changed
spamassassin to use mysql to store the userprefs, awl and bayesian.
Check your spamassassin docs.  It is not hard to do and it works well.
This is what I use.  The only thing I don't like is every user can see
your global whitelist and it is easy to delete the global whitelist
inadvertently from imp.  IMHO the global white list should only show for
admin users in horde.  Other than that it works great.

 From the spamassassin docs:
"Using A SQL Database for Bayesian Storage Module