[imp] Login Faild with IMP 4.2

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jun 2 14:25:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

I need some help finding an error in my horde/imp configuration.
We use Horde 3.2, Imp 4.2 and other recent Horde Application on a SLES 10 SP2
with a Postgres Database on localhost.

test.php and imp/test.php show no Problems.

Using the PHP Mail Server Support Test on imp/test.php I am able to
authenticate to my IMAP-Server

Using this data in my imp/config/servers.php and the login page from
imp I recieve login failed. There are no errors/warnings in the
horde/apache logfiles.
The logfiles from my IMAP server and logging rules in iptables
indicate that imp does not send any tcp packages to the imap server.

Regards

        Michael Menge

----------------------------
test.php

Horde Version

     * Horde: 3.2

Horde Applications

     * Dimp: H3 (1.0)
     * Horde: 3.2
     * Imp: H3 (4.2) (run Imp tests)
     * Ingo: H3 (1.2) (run Ingo tests)
     * Kronolith: H3 (2.2) (run Kronolith tests)
     * Mimp: H3 (1.1)
     * Mnemo: H3 (2.2)
     * Nag: H3 (2.2)
     * Turba: H3 (2.2) (run Turba tests)

PHP Version

     * View phpinfo() screen
     * View loaded extensions
     * PHP Version: 5.2.5
     * PHP Major Version: 5.2
     * PHP Minor Version: 5
     * PHP Version Classification: release
     * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

     * Ctype Support: Yes
     * DOM XML Support: Yes
     * FTP Support: Yes
     * GD Support: Yes
     * Gettext Support: Yes
     * GeoIP Support (via PECL extension): No
       Horde can optionally use the GeoIP extension to provide faster
country name lookups.
     * Iconv Support: Yes
     * GNU Iconv Support: Yes
     * IMAP Support: Yes
     * JSON Support: Yes
     * LDAP Support: Yes
     * LZF Compression Support: No
       If the lzf PECL module is available, Horde can compress some
cached data in your session to make your session size smaller.
     * Mbstring Support: Yes
     * PCRE Support: Yes
     * PCRE UTF-8 Support: Yes
     * Mcrypt Support: Yes
     * memcached Support (memcache): No
       The memcache PECL module is needed only if you are using the
memcached SessionHandler. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on
how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
     * MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
       The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see
below) will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the
built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information
on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
     * MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): No
       The fileinfo PECL module (see above) or the mime_magic PHP
extension will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the
built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information
on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
     * MySQL Support: No
       The MySQL extension is only required if you want to use a MySQL
database server for data storage.
     * OpenSSL Support: Yes
     * PostgreSQL Support: Yes
     * Session Support: Yes
     * XML Support: Yes
     * Zlib Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

     * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
     * memory_limit value: 512M
       If PHP's internal memory limit is not set high enough Horde
will not be able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail
attachments in IMP). You should set the value of memory_limit in
php.ini to a sufficiently high value - at least 64M is recommended.
     * safe_mode disabled: Yes
     * session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes
     * session.auto_start disabled: Yes
     * zlib.output_compression disabled: Yes
     * zend_accelerator.compress_all disabled: Yes

File Uploads

     * file_uploads enabled: Yes
     * upload_max_filesize: 20M
     * post_max_size: 20M

Required Horde Configuration Files

     * config/conf.php: Yes
     * config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
     * config/nls.php: Yes
     * config/prefs.php: Yes
     * config/registry.php: Yes

PHP Sessions

     * Session counter: 2
     * To unregister the session: click here

PEAR

     * PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/zdv-system/data/htdocs/horde-3.2/lib:.:/usr/share/php5/PEAR
     * PEAR: Yes
     * Recent PEAR: Yes
     * Mail: Yes
     * Mail_Mime: Yes
     * Mail_mimeDecode: Yes
     * Log: Yes
     * DB: Yes
     * MDB2: Yes
     * Net_Socket: Yes
     * Date: Yes
     * Auth_SASL: Yes
     * HTTP_Request: Yes
     * HTTP_WebDAV_Server: Yes
     * Net_SMTP: Yes
     * Services_Weather: Yes
     * Cache: Yes
     * XML_Serializer: Yes

-------------------------
IMP Version

     * IMP: H3 (4.2)

Other Horde Applications

     * dimp: Yes (Version: H3 (1.0))
     * gollem: No
       Gollem provides access to local VFS filesystems to attach files.
     * ingo: Yes (Version: H3 (1.2))
     * mimp: Yes (Version: H3 (1.1))
     * nag: Yes (Version: H3 (2.2))
     * turba: Yes (Version: H3 (2.2))

PHP Version

     * PHP Version: 5.2.5
     * PHP Major Version: 5.2
     * PHP Minor Version: 5
     * PHP Version Classification: release
     * You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

     * Internationalized Domain Names Support: No
       IMP requires the idn module (installed via PECL) in order to
handle Internationalized Domain Names.
     * IMAP Support: Yes
     * OpenSSL Support: Yes
     * Tidy support: No
       If the tidy PHP extension is available, IMP can use it to
sanitize the output of HTML messages before displaying to the user,
and to clean outgoing HTML messages created in the HTML composition
mode. See imp/docs/INSTALL for more information.

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

     * file_uploads enabled: Yes

Required IMP Configuration Files

     * config/conf.php: Yes
     * config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
     * config/prefs.php: Yes
     * config/servers.php: Yes

PEAR

     * PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/zdv-system/data/htdocs/horde-3.2/lib:.:/usr/share/php5/PEAR
     * PEAR: Yes
     * Recent PEAR: Yes
     * Auth_SASL: Yes
     * HTTP_Request: Yes

PHP Mail Server Support Test
Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection
parameters for your server:

     * Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

           Connection failed to mailserv08.uni-tuebingen.de,143:
Connection refused

     * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

           Certificate failure for mailserv08.uni-tuebingen.de: unable
to get local
           issuer certificate: /C=DE/O=Universitaet
           Tuebingen/OU=ZDV/CN=*.mail.uni-tuebingen.de

     * Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:

           SUCCESS - INBOX has 727 messages (1 new 0 recent)

     * Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:

           ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

           Connection failed to mailserv08.uni-tuebingen.de,143:
Connection refused

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your
imp/config/servers.php file:

     Configuration 1

         'server' => 'mailserv08.uni-tuebingen.de'
         'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert'
         'port' => '993'

The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote server:

     Namespace Information

         NAMESPACE: ""
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: personal

         NAMESPACE: "Other Users/"
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: other

         NAMESPACE: "Shared Folders/"
         DELIMITER: /
         TYPE: shared

     IMAP server capabilities:

         Array
         (
             [IMAP4rev1] => 1
             [LITERAL+] => 1
             [ID] => 1
             [AUTH] => Array
                 (
                     [0] => PLAIN
                     [1] => LOGIN
                 )

             [SASL-IR] => 1
             [ACL] => 1
             [RIGHTS] => Array
                 (
                     [0] => kxte
                 )

             [QUOTA] => 1
             [MAILBOX-REFERRALS] => 1
             [NAMESPACE] => 1
             [UIDPLUS] => 1
             [NO_ATOMIC_RENAME] => 1
             [UNSELECT] => 1
             [CHILDREN] => 1
             [MULTIAPPEND] => 1
             [BINARY] => 1
             [SORT] => Array
                 (
                     [0] => MODSEQ
                 )

             [THREAD] => Array
                 (
                     [0] => ORDEREDSUBJECT
                     [1] => REFERENCES
                 )

             [ANNOTATEMORE] => 1
             [CATENATE] => 1
             [CONDSTORE] => 1
             [SCAN] => 1
             [IDLE] => 1
             [LISTEXT] => 1
             [LIST-SUBSCRIBED] => 1
             [URLAUTH] => 1
         )

     IMAP CHILDREN support:

         SUPPORTED

     IMAP Charset Search Support:

         Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.
----------------
$servers['cyrus'] = array(
     'name' => 'Cyrus Server',
     'server' => '134.2.3.30',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
     'port' => 993,
     'maildomain' => 'uni-tuebingen.de',
     'smtphost' => 'smtpserv.uni-tuebingen.de',
     'smtpport' => 25,
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => '',
     'quota' => array(
         'driver' => 'imap',
         'params' => array()
     ),
     'acl' => array(
         'driver' => 'rfc2086'
     )
);

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen