[imp] Error when composing mail: Required "phptype" not specified in configuration.

Chris Hastie lists at oak-wood.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 07:27:51 UTC 2008

I am trying to set up a new installation of Horde Groupware Webmail
Edition 1.1. Most things seem to be working fine, but I get the error
'Required "phptype" not specified in configuration' when composing
messages. The compose window opens fine initially, but if I try to send
the message or to add an attachment I see this error. In the case of
adding an attachment I also get a success message, but sending does not
send.

I can find no further clues in either the Horde nor the webserver log.
It appears that 'phptype' is usually to do with specifying the type of
database. I'm using custom sql authentication, which seems to be working
fine, and my prefs database and turba sql source are all fine. Any clues
as to what this problem is?

The problem does not seem to affect DIMP. I have a separate issue there
in that if I use the sendmail binary for outgoing mail I get an error
"sendmail returned error code 127". This is with Postfix as my MTA. I
can work around this by using SMTP, but clues about this error would
also be welcome. I have several other apps that are happily using sendmail.

Thanks