[imp] Oddity with Horde

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jun 7 07:39:21 UTC 2008

> I have been using Horde quite a bit this year since I have started
> working in various office locations and need access to my various
> email accounts. I have noticed the following strange events a lot.
>
> 1. I can only login to Horde once with each domain. I have two domains
> that are currently  hosted somewhere else and I have two that I
> provide the hosting for on my own server. I have multiple emails on
> the two hosted domains but I can only login and check email on one
> account per domain. Now maybe that is a configuration that my hosting
> company has set or maybe it is a Horde limitation, not sure.

Of course you can only be logged in to one account per domain, because
cookies are stored per domain (and per directory). This would only be
possible if you *don't* use cookies, which is not recommended for
other reasons.

> 2. Whenever I log out of Horde on any of the domains, somehow I am
> logged out of ALL domains, even those that I am hosting on my own
> servers. How is that? :) The hosted domains are actually on different
> servers also, so how/why is it that when I logout of domain1 that
> domains two and three, all on different servers are also logging out?

This can't happen because authentication state is kept in a per-domain
cookie (see above).

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/