[imp] Where does imp get it's mail preferences from?

Thu Jun 12 17:05:51 UTC 2008

I am trying to iron out a few remaining bugs with my email setup. I am
using exim4 and dovecot and attempting to implement a system where
mail users will not have actual accounts on the server.

I have exim4 and dovecot mostly working properly at this point, but
when I login to IMP, it doesn't see any mail even though there are new
messages on the server.

So how does IMP know where to look for the mail? On the new system all
mailboxes are going to be stored on a centrally located drive like this:

/MailBoxes/domain/user

Both dovecot and exim4 have been properly configured (at least I think
so) and they are delivering new mail properly, but I think I need to
set something in IMP to see the mail. I have looked in the servers.php
but that is only specifing the IMAP server connection. Is this
something that is supposed to be taking care of by dovecot? If so then
I at least have it narrowed down to where to start looking. :)

Thanks,
-Eric