[imp] IMP and mobile browsers..

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Fri Jun 13 15:16:45 UTC 2008

So.. I touched on this a few weeks ago.  With our upgrade from Horde
3.0.x/ IMP 4.0.x to Horde 3.2 / IMP 4.2, our mobile users lost their
ability to access their mail (we didn't install MIMP).  I could see
making MIMP available to things like my 3yo nokia handset, but the
people who are complaining are using smart devices that probably
wouldn't be happy with MIMP (iPhone, Treo, Blackberry, Windows Mobile,
etc) - devices with fully featured browsers.

(MIMP on the iPhone is not a good match... tho, personally, I don't
enjoy using IMP on a  2" display either.)

I think it's still valid to have smartphones marked as mobile browsers
in the browser library.

If we wanted to let these users access IMP (instead of MIMP), what
change(s) would you suggest making?

Liam