[imp] Persistent IMAP connections?

Jochen Roderburg Roderburg at Uni-Koeln.DE
Thu Jun 19 19:34:48 UTC 2008

Zitat von "Andrew Morgan" <morgan at orst.edu>:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Mark Bishop wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to have persistent imap connections?  In every
>> operation in IMP I see a login and then a logout in my log files.
>> If this is a stupid question, my apologies.
>
> Not within Horde/IMP.  You could use an IMAP proxy daemon to cache
> open connections though.  I'm not sure what people use these days,
> but I saw one called "imapproxy" being used years ago.

A current version of such a program can be found on http://www.imapproxy.org/
We are using this here without problems with IMP3 for half a year now.

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10                    Tel.:   +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln                          E-Mail: Roderburg at Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany