[imp] Login failed - Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1

Steve Paras-Charlton steve at falchion.com
Mon Jun 23 20:10:26 UTC 2008

I had this problem when upgrading IMP on an older system, and it had to
do with changes to how the underlying PHP-imap open() call handles
mailboxes (the mailbox is not specified by imp/test.php or by the horde
imap login method, but is used by the IMP login method).  You'll need to
upgrade your PHP-imap and all will be well (sorry I don't know what
version works, only that I had to upgrade from Ubuntu Feisty to Ubuntu
Gutsy for this to work).

Steve