[imp] Horde/IMP with kerberos5

Martin Podworny podworny at ub.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 15 13:09:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

since a couple of days i tried to integrate Horde3/IMP4 in our
Kerberos5-infrastructure. The webmailer should connect to a Cyrus imapd
(all installed on a Debian 4.0/Etch), which authenticate imapuser with
help of saslauthd. Sasl in turn use GSSAPI/Kerberos as authentication
mechanism. With this setup, it is possible to login (thunderbird or
imtest).

In Horde i configured the following:

Administration->Authentication->What backend should we use for
authenticating users to Horde->Kerberos authentication

After setting this and install php-extension for krb5, it is possible
to logon with a valid credential. But how can i switch with this
credential, which is validated from hordeauth, to IMP? I tried it with
the following in /etc/horde3/imp4/server.php

$servers['cyrus'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'host.domain.de',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'maildomain' => 'domain.de',
    'smtphost' => 'smtphost.domain.de',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred'
}

Login to horde succeeded, but if i click on "Mail" it appear "Login
failed". The logfile horde.log says this:

Jul 15 14:56:16 HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for imapuser
[NNN.NN.NN.NN] to Horde [on line 90 of "/usr/share/horde3/login.php"]
Jul 15 14:56:19 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN NNN.NN.NN.NN to
host.domain.de:143[imap/notls] as imapuser [on line 258 of
"/usr/share/horde3/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Have anyone a hint? Thank you very much,

Martin
--
Universität zu Köln :: Universitäts- und Stadtbibliothek
IT-Dienste