[imp] hide messages marked for deletion or purge deleted messages

Chris Lafty clafty at stlawu.edu
Fri Jul 18 13:38:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

I know this has come up on the list before, so I apologize for redundant
questions, but my question is slightly different as I've accepted that
you can't hide deleted messages if you use the trash folder. This
doesn't make sense to me, but oh well.  I am testing the latest imp/dimp
and I've noticed one difference from the previous version.  It used to
be when you deleted a message that was already marked for deletion, it
would expunge/purge all other messages that were marked for deletion.
This doesn't seem to be the case.   A lot of our clients use Thunderbird
(IMAP) and of course Thunderbird marks messages for deletion and hides
them.  When the client logs onto imp/dimp, they see all of their deleted
messages.  Is there a way we can purge the mailbox if a user deletes a
message that was marked for deletion?  We'd still like regular messages
moved to the trash upon deletion, but not marked for deletion.
Obviously, we don't want this to apply to messages already marked for
deletion.  If this is not possible with tweaking config files, can
someone point me to the relevant php files?

relevant settings from imp/config/prefs.php:

// hide deleted
$_prefs['delhide'] = array(
    'value' => 1,
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit');

$_prefs['use_trash'] = array(
    'value' => 1,
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder
instead of marking them as deleted?"));

Let me know if you need to see other settings.

RHEL 5.2, PHP 5.1, 64 bit, IMAP

-C

--

Christopher Lafty