[imp] IMAP and namespace: helps appreciated

YannicK hal_pha at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 21 16:49:20 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've searched all around wiki , FAQ and googling without any success !
My boss would like to switch to an m$-exchange but Horde rocks !!

This ML is my last chance:

I've dowloaded and successfully installed Horde Webmail by folling his tutorial : http://howto.landure.fr/gnu-linux/debian-4-0-etch-en/install-horde-groupware-webmail-edition-on-debian-4-0-etch
This horde+IMP solution if for managing mails stored on an REMOTE server which is an Linux SME ver 6.

Everythings works great EXCEPT Creating folders or viewing subfolders.
I have no problem using Thunderbird (squirellmail and rouncube too),I can create new folders and view subfolders.
IMP (or DIMP) is unable to display my subfolders et I can't create new one, I just can see my "first level" folders... (and send mail)

I think it is about namespace to set in the servers.php but I have unsuccessfully tried so many things without success :-(

My horde/imp server is a Debian 4.0 Etch
As explaind sooner my remote server is an SME (e-smith) 6.0 server which have already an older horde/imp which works fine but too old , I need some new fonctionnality.

My IMAP server seems to an dovecot 1.0 (without any dovecot.conf !!)

The maildir structure looks like this :
---------------------------------------

/home/e-smith/files/users/georges/Maildir/;folder1
/home/e-smith/files/users/georges/Maildir/;folder1;subfolder1
/home/e-smith/files/users/georges/Maildir/;INBOX
/home/e-smith/files/users/georges/Maildir/;INBOX;subfolder

my servers.php :
--------------

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => '192.168.10.120',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap/tls/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 143,
    'maildomain' => 'example.com',
    'smtphost' => 'smtp.example.com',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'imap_config' => array(
        'children' => false,
        'namespace' => array(
               'main/' => array(
                  'name' => '',
                  'delimiter' => '.',
                  'type' => 'shared',
                  'hidden' => false,
               ),
        ),
        'search_charset' => array(
              'UTF-8' => true
        )
     )

);

NB: I had to put the imap-config to make it work.
I also tried the ; (semicolon) as delimiter without any success !!
no errors in logs...

Helps really very welcome.
I'd like to keep using Horde instead of switching to the other webmail.

Thanks in advance to any horde guru...

--
Yann