[imp] Best way for user management?

Stefan-Michael Günther imp01 at in-put.de
Tue Jul 29 07:05:17 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a hopefully simple question about the user management and I
wasm't yet able to answer it myself.

Horde offers a number of ways to manage/authenticate users, e.g. in a
MySQL DB or by another application like IMP.

When I choose MySQL I can add new users in Horde, but (as far as I
understood the docs) have to enter username and password twice (for
Horde and IMP). But it offers the advantage, that the necessary IMAP
folders are created automatically.

When I choose "another application" (IMP), I only have to enter username
and password once, but have to add user and IMAP folders on the command
line.

Both ways aren't really great, so I guess I misunderstood something.
Can someone give me a hint on how to configure an easy method for user
management and authentication?

Thanks for your help,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus