[imp] Difference between forwarding and redirecting

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:05:50 UTC 2008

Hi list-

I'm running Horde Groupware 1.0.3 (IMP 4.1.5) under FreeBSD 6.3-RC2
with qmail-1.0.3 (with DomainKeys support), qmail-scanner,
SpamAssassin and friends.

horde/config/conf.php has the following sendmail options:

$conf['mailer']['params']['sendmail_path'] = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
$conf['mailer']['params']['sendmail_args'] = '-oi';
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';

where /usr/sbin/sendmail:

#!/bin/sh
export QMAILQUEUE=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-dk
export DKSIGN=/var/qmail/control/domainkeys/%/default
exec /var/qmail/bin/sendmail "$@"

Everything works as expected and all messages originated from Horde
are signed with DomainKeys.

I have several users using SMTP AUTH to connect to my server - SMTP
AUTH-ed users are signed with DomainKeys as well. Since some of them
are on DSL lines, some messages are marked as SPAM and being
quarantined to postmaster's account, which I access through Horde.

Here comes small problem. As soon I want to redirect a message (which
was marked as SPAM, signed with DomainKeys and redirected to
postmaster) I get the following error in Apache log file:
qmail-inject: fatal: qq internal bug (#4.3.0). At the same time,
forwarding such messages works OK (as well as redirecting messages
that were NOT signed). I think it has something to do with the way how
redirect is handled in Horde, but I was not able to find any
configuration options regarding redirect or qmail-inject(?).

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.