[imp] Attachment upload fails (and max attachment size 1 byte)

Mathieu MERLAY mathieu at activtourism.com
Fri Aug 1 19:18:45 UTC 2008

Bonjour, Hello !

I've got the following message each time I try to upload an attachment
in IMP :

Pièce jointe « Plouf.zip » non attachée car le fichier était vide.
Translation : Attachment Plouf.zip not attached because the file was empty.

In the "Attachment" part of the compose.php window, I see :

(Taille maximale de la pièce jointe: 1 octets)
Translation : Maximum attachment size : 1 bytes

On another website on the same server, when a file is posted trough a
POST form, I see a temporary file growing in the /tmp during the
transfer. But, I don't see any new temporary file when a new attachment,
posted in IMP, is uploading.

In the php.ini, the following variables are set :

upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
upload_max_filesize = 1G
memory_limit = 100M
post_max_size = 1G

I tested different values... but nothing changes.

No safe mode, no open_basedir restriction, no errors in
/var/log/apache/error.log and no error in horde.log.

Horde/IMP configuration :

- Horde 3.1.8
- IMP H3 4.1.6

Platform : Debian Etch, Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.2.0

The problem occurs on a new installation of Horde 3.2 and IMP H3 4.2
too, with a different message (The attachment was not added as the file
size exceeded the limit - which was 1 byte).

Thank you for your help...

Mathieu MERLAY <mathieu at activtourism.com>